Sales by Month and Day of Week
There have been numerous requests to summarize sales by day of week, and within month by day of week. I have created the following spreadsheets to address this issue.
These spreadsheets are not “commercial grade”; what I mean by that is that they have not undergone the level of rigorous testing that commercial grade software does. They are provided “as-is” and you assume all risk in using them.
Here's a screenshot of the result (click image for larger view) using the sample product based company for calendar 2013:
There are four versions of the spreadsheet, as follows. Files are stored in the "zip" format.
- You do not use Jobs – Accrual Basis of Accounting
- You do not use Jobs – Cash Basis of Accounting
- You use Jobs – Accrual Basis of Accounting*
- You use Jobs – Cash Basis of Accounting*
* Spreadsheet only supports one level of Jobs; sub-Jobs are not supported at this time
All you need to do is export your "Sales by Customer Detail" report into this spreadsheet and verify the dates used in the summary reflect those dates. That's it! -- the spreadsheet does the rest.
These files are available in the download section.